Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Three Year Olds and Belts
I've created a monster. All in the name of fashion. Hayden and I went to the mall on Labor Day and got some new fall clothes. We HAD to because she's grown out of ALL her old clothes. Okay, we had to because I was itching to buy her some new stuff. First mistake was when I asked her about this purple and yellow plaid farmer looking shirt. I said, "Your dad won't like this shirt, but I think it's cute. What do you think?" "Uuuuuug-uh-ly!" she replied. We didn't buy the shirt. Second mistake was letting her pick out the belt she wanted. She was obsessed with getting a belt. Three year olds need help unbuckling belts. When they have to go to the bathroom. Bad idea. Third mistake was picking out one of the outfits to wear on Tuesday. Any of you remember Monday night? A cold front blew through and it was pretty cool out. Cool enough for a long sleeve shirt. She picked out a long sleeve shirt and skort to wear, the bow and shoes to match, and laid them out perfectly on her bed. Adorable. Before I went to bed, I checked the weather. 91 degrees forecasted for Tuesday. Long sleeve shirt out, shorts and tank top in. Hayden woke up the next morning and I told her we had to change the outfit. She ran downstairs and came back up with leggings and a long sleeve shirt on-----with the belt. That wasn't going to work either. To appease her, I went back downstairs with her and found a pair of shorts that had loops that she could wear with the purple belt. The shorts were pink and white checked, but the child only wears dresses so there wasn't much to choose from...I thought I was doing great! I start putting the belt in the loops and guess what? She doesn't want help. Of course she doesn't! She's three going on thirteen. She's obsessed with doing it herself. She starts huffing and puffing (do your three year olds do this?) and crossing her arms at me. Crossing arms is considered bratty at my house which means time out and spanking. All by 7am. And all in the name of fashion...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha! I think I have a diva on my hands too, Kimmie. Kate already demands me to paint her toes and also pics out her own outfits. Yikes. However, I know the EXACT yellow and purple flannel shirt that you're talking about (Children's Place?). The difference b/w you and me...I thought it was cute and so yes, Katelyn wears it. HA!!!
ReplyDelete