My diet on Sunday: Squash, turkeys, pears, rice, chicken, and carrots.
My diet today: Anything I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I stopped nursing Tommy yesterday. My boobs are as big as boulders and as hard as them too. If you've read earlier posts, you know how hard breastfeeding has been for me. REALLY HARD. Obsessive, in fact. To be honest, I don't really know what to think about now. The last 5 and a half months I have been completely consumed with making sure what I put into my mouth would be okay with Tommy. I have been obsessed with pumping to make sure I don't lose my supply. Honestly, I feel like a new woman today. Is that so bad? Do I feel guilty? Completely. Do I feel like I can be a better member of my family? Absolutely. I have been so consumed with Tommy and my diet lately that I have become another person. Jason told me he wanted the "fun Kim" back the other night. I tried, but I just can't be "fun Kim" without a Starbucks and the option of an adult beverage. I can't be the "fun Kim" without corn dip and Dr. Pepper. I can't be the "fun Kim" without buttered popcorn at the movies. I also can't be "fun Kim" when I have to get up every 3 hours at night to nurse. Isn't an almost 6 month old supposed to sleep longer than that at a time? Heavy heavy weights have been lifted off my shoulders. Fun Kim is back---See you at Starbucks!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Heavy weights lifted off of your shoulders and moved right to your chest. HA! Good for you, Kimmie, and I'm proud of you for going as long as you did. Most would have given up long ago. Do not feel guilty. This is the right thing to do.
ReplyDeleteLove you! Oh, and FYI...cabbage works wonders for rock-solid boobs! :)
Way to go, Kim! You did great. I lasted a month and a half and when they told me to take dairy out of my diet, I punted. So to do what you did takes a lot!
ReplyDeleteAnd corn dip rules.
You did an amazing job Kim, Tommy is so lucky to have such a wonderful mommy (and daddy and sister). Where was your first stop after Starbucks? Chipotle or Amigos?
ReplyDelete