Wednesday, April 7, 2010
The Balance
I don't know about any of you, but I am STRUGGLING to balance two kiddos. A newborn and almost three year old do not go well together. Especially when the almost three year old thinks her mommy is her "best friend." Hayden definitely knows how to work it too. She'll be watching a TV show, and I will sneak upstairs to nurse Tommy. As I'm sneaking upstairs I'm thinking I'll get a "5 minutes peace" from all her questions. I love that she is so inquisitive, but do any of you find it extremely difficult to constantly put the answers to questions in kid-friendly language? It's exhausting!! The other night she asked me what "die" was....how do you explain that?? So I get upstairs and it's not 2 minutes and she is upstairs next to the rocker asking me to play dollhouse, paint her nails, take her to the park, hold her hand, read her a book....the list is endless. She knows good and well that I am busy, but she must sense that I HATE to tell her I am picking Tommy over her. Why do I feel guilty? It's not like I'm facebooking, blogging, or drinking a six pack. And it's not like she asked me to do ANY of those things BEFORE I started to nurse. She timed it well, and waited until I was busy to ask. Little stinker. I know the balance will come, but for now, I struggle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's definitely hard...Luke has really never been too jealous of Katelyn and my time, but there were times! I know you feel bad for "putting Hayden second" but that's OK. She needs to know that there are times in life that other people's needs will need to come before her own. It's just part of growing up. Stinks, huh?
ReplyDelete