I've noticed a few things about Hayden lately that make me sad....she's growing up.
1. She's started picking out her own clothes. And she checks to see if I like it first before she decides if it's the "one" or not. If she sees any sort of hesitation from me, that is the outfit she chooses. We're going to get along great when she's 13.
2. She picks out her hair bows too. She says, "Mommy! This one matches!"
3. She's too big for toddler Eye Spy books. We've moved on to the "real" Eye Spies. Man, those are hard!!
4. She's wearing flip flops. We went to Old Navy this weekend and she picked out two pairs of flip flops and she wears them EVERYWHERE. She doesn't even trip. So cute to see her flipping around.
5. She can have a conversation on the phone. We called both grandparents the other night and she talked about her day with them.
6. She got one of my jokes. After I said it, she looked at me and said, "Mommy, you're just teasing!" and then she giggled.
7. She has conversations with her friends. I was telling her 5-year old daycare friends that I loved their shoes---they were wearing flip flops. Hayden says to Ellie and Morgan, "I got some flip flops this weekend." And then she adds on, "I got them at the mall." It was so informative.
8. She practices what I teach her. She's been tattling on her friends and we talked about how people can use words to solve problems themselves. We practiced, "Please stop, I don't like that." The next day she told her friend Gage, "Please stop that Gage. I don't like it."
9. Barbies. She's starting to play with Barbies.
10. She's already talking about her birthday. She knows it's June 24th and that she will be 3. She's already asked me what she'll be after that---4, and after that---5, and after that----6.
11. "Mommy, how old is Granny Nanny going to be on her birthday?" ----60----
"Mommy, that's A LOT!"
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't wait to come play Barbies with Hayden. I love Barbies!!! And Granny Nanny isn't old, she's still hip.
ReplyDelete