Friday, January 15, 2010

Becoming Crazy...

After reading my blog, a high school friend of mine asked when I became crazy. Something happened today that is the perfect example. I am fuming right now. As a parent of a child with milk/soy protein intolerance, I must read labels. Shopping for anything new takes an extra five (5) minutes for each item because I have to read the label. At least three (3) times. And then probably six (yes 6) more times at home before I eat it. And then a few times after I eat it. All of this occurs because if I do eat anything with milk, soy, tree nuts, or eggs in it my baby Thomas will cry out in pain for hours and any consoling I do will not help. Some might roll their eyes at my description, but if you've had an MSPI baby, you know what I mean. Each time I eat something that is "tainted" it takes Tommy's belly TWO WEEKS!!!! Yes, TWO WEEKS to heal again. Back to why I am fuming right now. I went to this health food store yesterday and spent an hour perusing the aisles, reading the labels (yes, I only bought 12 items) and I purchased a Mushroom Soup that DID NOT have any naughty ingredients in it. I know this because I read the label a total of 12 times. Well, Tommy is in pain today and I knew it was from something new I had eaten yesterday. I have been eating chicken, rice, carrots, celery, water, graham crackers (with frosting), and Pringles for 4 days and he had no symptoms. All of a sudden he has a flare up. Tight tummy, can't poop, little dots on his face. I know it's my fault so I go to the website for this mushroom soup and THERE IT IS!! On the website under ingredients for the soup is SOY. Yes, SOY. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. They left off the soymilk on the back of the soup container. Still fuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment