Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Common Cold

Tonight I was out with a few friends for some girl time and I mentioned that, along with this soy poisoning, that Tommy also has a cold. Seriously. I know it could be worse, but when you're trying to figure out a baby the more things going on makes for many more mommy obsessions. He only has a runny nose and this mucousy cough. No fever. But they gave me a few tips that I thought I'd pass on to my many followers. Ha.

1. When using the bulb suction, make sure you squirt the saline solution when the child is lying flat, and then flip them upside down once. This allows the saline to travel all the way through their nasal passages. I'm not going to share this tip with Jason because we have contests to see who can suck the most snot out of Tommy's nose and I want to win.

2. When your child has a cough, put Vick's Vapo rub on their feet and then put socks on them. Both of my friends swear by it. I'm not convinced, but I will try anything to make my poor baby feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment