Can you hear me saying the wooooooooohoooooooo? The oooo is kind of high pitched and an exclamation of excitement. Things have been good around the Rathe household the last few days. I think we are adjusting to the new schedule. Hayden is loving having her little brother (or bother as Olivia would say) at Danielle's with her. Every time Tommy hears her voice, he gets a ginormous grin on his face. You know how little ones smile? Their whole head moves to the right and then the left and their arms fly up and hit them in the face too. So cute!
My Obsession...
I got a little nervous on Friday when Danielle said that Tommy was REALLY fussy. ALL DAY. I knew he would be after he awoke Friday morning with a gut ache. I just knew the day would be bad at Danielle's. Soooooo, of course I started obsessing. What did I eat last night that was something I hadn't been eating. Guess what it was? Popcorn! Yes, popcorn. Then I remembered what the doctor had said about the "Top 8 Allergens." Corn is one of them. Oh No!! What if he is allergic to corn too? Milk, soy, eggs, nuts, and CORN. Corn is in everything. Of course I got online to look up all the corn derivatives and the list is endless. The top one though......high fructose corn syrup. Sugar. I love sugar. My favorite food group is Swedish Fish. Those flavorful, red, gummy, chewy candies that I eat bags of in one sitting. Can I really eliminate sugar from my diet? Well, people, I have. I now have a diet that consists of 11 items. I know you're wondering...I will enlighten you because if I don't tell you, you will obsess about it. (at least my followers (4) will!!) I can eat carrots, rice, rice milk, Rice Chex, lettuce, celery, chicken, turkey, pears, turkey, and chicken broth. Tommy has no gut aches when I stick to these items. Since this "diet" started on Sunday, we have been relatively fussy free. The best part about it...I have nothing to obsess about.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you're anything like me, you can now obsess about having nothing to obsess about!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad things are on the up and up. You have a lot of patience with this whole thing.