Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mornings.

I don't know about anyone else, but mornings frighten me. Especially mornings with a new baby. And a terrible two and a half year old. I was so extremely nervous about getting two kids ready and out the door in the mornings that I did a "trial run" to see how much time I needed. Three times. I have it down to a science now....all because of my obsessive behavior. I sat around during my maternity leave and thought about all the things I needed to have ready in the morning. This is how I had it all planned out:

5:45 Shower (make sure to put towel and robe on toilet seat)
6:00 Feed Tommy, change diaper, change clothes (Look at clock to make sure I'm on time)
6:30 Blow dry hair while Tommy calmly sits in his bouncy seat and watches, put on make-up
6:45 Put on clothes (which I laid out the night before after I put Hayden to bed.)
7:00 Wake Hayden and dress her (in the clothes we laid out the night before)
7:10 Eat breakfast and give Tommy his medicine. Hayden is watching Olivia at this time.
7:15 Pump
7:30 Pack the pump, get the lunch out of the fridge (that I packed the night before), grab my purse and bag, and head out the door.

This is how it went:

4:45 Feed Tommy and put him back to bed. Jason is still in bed.
5:20 Go back to bed. I need all the sleep I can get even if it is for only a half an hour. Jason is still in bed.
6:00 Tommy wakes. I get him up and put him in his bouncy while he looks at the lights. (what is it with babies and lights? Do all babies do this? I'd better check it on the internet?) I shower, get dressed, do makeup, etc. Jason is still in bed.
6:37 Jason gets up.
6:45 Hayden wakes and I have her watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while I finish getting ready and prep her by saying, "When this is over, we are getting dressed."
7:00 Get Hayden dressed. After the first morning I told Hayden whatever was on her bed was what she was wearing. We even have to pick the bow the night before. Disaster if we don't.
7:10 Tommy is cranky by this time. He's been awake for an hour and fifteen minutes so I have to give him his medicine while he is crying and try to get him calmed down so I can pump. I have to pump.
7:17 I pump.
7:25 Jason walks down the stairs.
7:39 I grab my stuff and head out the door.

At least I know if Jason goes on a trip, I can get the kids ready by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment