Monday, January 18, 2010

Terrible Two and Halfs

I've spent a lot of time talking about Tommy lately so I want to focus a little bit on Hayden. Poor girl is feeling left out. Not really. She can't read, people. But this is how our evening went.

7:00pm
Mommy, I want another Swedish Fish.

No Hayden, you can only have two Swedish Fish.

Mommy, NOW, I want a Swedish Fish.

Hayden, You do NOT talk to your mommy that way. Time Out.

Mommy, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I do not want to go to time out.

I proceed to walk her over to the steps for time out and go back to the microwave and start the timer. Hayden, in the meantime, is screaming in time out. Then she decides to hurl herself on the floor and scream.

Mommy, NOoooooooooooooooooooooooo time out!

I walk over to her and tell her that time out is on the steps and that until she moves to the steps time out will not start. I put her back on the steps, she stops crying, looks at me, and then throws herself back on the floor. Time out does not start.

She then rips her hair bow out of her head and yells, Mommy, my hair bow, put it back in. Time out does not start and the hair bow does not go back in. All the while this is happening she is gagging on her own snot to try to get me to give in. Time out does not start.

This goes on for 30, yes 30 minutes. Hayden wants her hair bow in. Then she pulls the other one out and wants it in too. Then she wants a drink of water.

Hayden...time out does not start until you are on the steps.

Then she tries to hug me. I almost give in. I was this -- close to giving her a cuddle because it was making me so sad to see her screaming and crying and unable to calm herself down.

Time out does not start.

7:30
Hayden goes to the steps and sits down.

Time out starts.

3 comments:

  1. L-O-V-E it! They make look cute on the outside but are little devils on the inside! :)
    Good use of Love and Logic, Kimmie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me smile that it started with Swedish Fish, wonder where that love came from? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story reminds me of someone I know!

    ReplyDelete